Optifine is an incredible optimization & performance-boosting mod for Minecraft. It’s super comprehensive and expansive and has been around for a long time – continuing development for years. It has tons of useful features that aren’t included in the Vanilla Minecraft game, and in all honesty, it has greatly improved many users’ experiences across the game. Just to name a few of the awesome features, it includes: FPS boosts, shaders, Connected Textures, support for HD textures and resource packs, configurable smooth lighting and render distance, increased performance and quality, and even better snow, grass, water, sky, and more! This mod’s development has been paramount to the mod community’s success and growth and continues to be a frontrunner in things’ grand scheme.
Optifine HD Features
Here is the list of all features that will be added:
- Doubling the FPS is common.
- Decreases lag spikes and smooth gameplay.
Support for HD Textures
- HD textures and HD fonts.
- Custom terrain and item textures.
- Animated terrain and item textures.
- Custom HD Font character widths.
- Custom colors.
- Custom block color palettes.
- Custom lighting.
- Unlimited texture size.
Support for Shaders
- Based on the Shaders Mod by Karyonix.
- Allows handheld and dropped light emitting items to illuminate the objects around them.
- Similar, but not related to the Dynamic Lights mod.
Variable Render Distance
- From Tiny to Extreme (2 x Far) in 16m steps.
- Sun, moon, and stars are visible in Tiny and Short distances.
Configurable Smooth Lighting
- Smooth lighting without shadows from 1%
- Smooth lighting with full shadows to 100%
- Synchronizes framerate with monitor refresh rate to remove split frames and smooth gameplay.
Smart Advanced OpenGL
- More efficient, fewer artifacts.
- Fast – faster, some artifacts still visible.
- Fancy – slower, avoids visual artifacts.
- Fog start:
- A visual effect which makes distant objects look better by smoothing the texture details.
- Mipmap Level: OFF, 1, 2, 3, MAX
- Mipmap type
- Restores details in mipmapped textures.
- AF level – OFF, 2, 4, 8, 16
- Smooths jagged lines and sharp color transitions.
- AA level – OFF, 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16
- Fixes grass blocks side texture to match surrounding grass terrain.
- Fixes transparent blocks textures to match surrounding snow terrain.
- Clear, transparent water with good visibility underwater.
- Use random mob textures if available in the texture pack.
- Connects textures for glass, glass panes, sandstone, and bookshelf blocks which are next to each other.
- Removes the gridlike pattern created by repeating blocks of the same type.
- Uses rotated and flipped variants of the base block texture.
- Smooth FPS – stabilizes FPS by flushing the graphics driver buffers.
- Smooth Input – fixes stuck keys, slow input, and sound lag by setting correct thread priorities.
Chunk Loading Control
- Load Far – loads the world chunks at distance Far, allows fast render distance switching.
- Preloaded Chunks – defines an area in which no new chunks will be loaded.
- Chunk Updates per Frame – allows for faster world loading.
- Dynamic Updates – loads more chunks per frame when the player is standing still.
- Clouds – Default, Fast, Fancy
- Cloud Height – from 0% to 100%
- Trees – Default, Fast, Fancy
- Grass – Default, Fast, Fancy
- Water – Default, Fast, Fancy
- Rain and Snow – Default, Fast, Fancy
- Sky – ON, OFF
- Stars – ON, OFF
- Sun & Moon – ON, OFF
- Depth Fog – ON, OFF
- Weather – ON, OFF
- Swamp Colors – ON, OFF
- Smooth Biomes – ON, OFF
- Custom Fonts – ON, OFF
- Custom Colors – ON, OFF
- Show Capes – ON, OFF
- Water Animated – OFF, Dynamic, ON
- Lava Animated – OFF, Dynamic, ON
- Fire Animated – OFF, ON
- Portal Animated – OFF, ON
- Redstone Animated – OFF, ON
- Explosion Animated – OFF, ON
- Flame Animated – OFF, ON
- Smoke Animated – OFF, ON
- Void Particles – OFF, ON
- Water Particles – OFF, ON
- Rain Splash – OFF, ON
- Portal Particles – OFF, ON
- Dripping Water/Lava – OFF, ON
- Terrain Animated – OFF, ON
- Items Animated – OFF, ON
Fast Texturepack Switching
- Switch the current Texturepack without leaving the world.
- Configurable fullscreen resolution.
- Fast Debug Info – removes lagometer from debug screen.
- Debug Profiler – removes profiler from debug screen.
- Day Only
- Night Only – works only in Creative mode
- Configurable Autosave interval.
- A fix for the famous Lag Spike of Death.
Optifine HD Mod — Screenshots & Video
Optifine HD Mod — Installation Guide
- Download & install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod jar file from the below links.
- Copy the .jar file in %appdata%/.minecraft/mods
- Open Minecraft and select Forge profile to play.
Installing Optifine without Forge:
- Download the mod jar file from the below links.
- Double click on the .jar file that you downloaded.
- Optifine Installer windows should showing, now just click on the “Install” button.
- Open Minecraft and select Optifine profile to play.
Something You Should Know
- We do not download and upload any resource pack on our server.
- We use only links from the official author, they are 100% safe.
- We do not modify or edit the files in any way.