DefaultEx is one of the most innovative resource packs to be made, improving Minecraft’s visuals while still retaining the game’s original feel of simplicity. Unlike most texture packs failing at making the blocks feel simple and keeping the Minecraft-feel this game has, DefaultEx (Default+), however, enhances the texture and the feeling of blocks by giving them a 3rd dimension and depth, it does by giving them realistic shadows, adding details to make the blocks more realistic and most importantly makes it more enjoyable to look at and it makes the plain colors of the vanilla items brighter and/or more suitable for the feel and the use it gives. The best thing I think it does is the enhancement of the Netherite gear. It gives off the feeling that Netherite is an upgrade of Diamond, and it makes it so soothing to look at the tools and the armor.
One of the best things that DefaultEx is doing is the fact that it is getting rid of the flat and over-simple textures and giving them another way to look at. Also, the texture pack improves the mobs’ look by making them look real. It makes it so that they are from the environment they spawn and live in. It also has emissive textures, so the mobs actually emit light, making them have realistic shadows and better lighting. DefaultEx has pixel consistency too, so the hitboxes of mobs are actually the same size as their texture, so you can actually interact with them the right way. And for an additional feature: Chameleon-like creepers! The creepers are now the same color as the biome they spawn in, making them scarier than the game intended. (Take notes that most of these features require Optifine HD Mod) The texture pack is in 16x resolution helps if your PC doesn’t usually handle texture packs very well and stabilizes your FPS.
DefaultEx — Screenshots
DefaultEx — Installation Guide
- Download this resource pack. – You should download a ZIP file
- Now launch Minecraft and go to Options. – Make sure to open Minecraft: Java Edition
- Click on the “Resource Packs…” button.
- Drag and drop downloaded ZIP file into Minecraft window.
- The new resource pack should be in your “Available” list of packs.
Something You Should Know
- We do not download and upload any resource pack on our server.
- We use only links from the official author, they are 100% safe.
- We do not modify or edit the files in any way.